The theme for this year’s REMIX Sydney Summit is Culture, Technology & Entrepreneurship. Held from 7-8 December 2017 at UTS, REMIX will bring together pioneers from different sectors to explore the future of the creative industries, creative cities and the creative economy. With several STEM experts on the program, REMIX has offered Inspiring Australia partners 15% off the ticket price.
REMIX is the place to meet new collaborators and get projects started.
International guests include the CEO of Burning Man speaking in Australia for the
first time. She is joined by other keynote speakers from afar including the MD of
Disney, the Global CEO of Lonely Planet, the CEO of Animal Logic (Lego
Movie, Harry Potter, Great Gatsby), CEO, Brooklyn Academy of
Music and NASA’s visual strategist.
They are joined onstage by 100+ creative visionaries including Airbnb,
Adobe, National Geographic, ARIA, the Royal Shakespeare Company, NGV,
Historic Royal Palaces (Tower of London, Kensington Palace, Hampton
Court Palace), Sydney Opera House, Audible (Amazon), Samsung,
WOMADelaide, Atlassian, The Guardian and the National Theatre (UK).
Creators Wanted Stage
In partnership with Samsung, the new REMIX Creators Wanted Stage introduces unexpected innovators who will shine a light how innovation and technology can engage Australians from all corners of the nation and why STEM is vital to the arts and culture industry.
With jobs of the future requiring higher levels of digital literacy combined with creative thinking, Samsung is finding new ways of engaging the Australian community in this ongoing dialogue and exploring fresh approaches for innovation in this sector.
The Creators Wanted stage will bring together technical expertise and community perspectives to explore STEM, creativity and its relevance to a variety of industries and future career paths. Explore how the Australian community can use technology for good, whilst simultaneously increasing access to arts and culture.
Experience demos, participate in ideation workshops and hear from true innovators, discovered and undiscovered, about how STEM knowledge and practice enables their services, products and experiences.
STEM/STEAM speakers include:
- Topaz Conway: Chair, STARTUP AUS – an entrepreneur, investor, Director, and an advocate to the creation of a stronger Australian innovation culture.
- Beatie Wolfe – MUSICIAN & TECHNOLOGIST – described as “Ingenious” (Fast Company), “Ground-breaking” (BBC) and “Extraordinary” (Forbes).
- Kate Driver: Deputy Director, QUESTACON – as the overseer of the operational aspects of all Questacon’s local, national and international activities, Kate will share STEM insights from Australia’s National Science and Technology Centre.
- Mikaela Jade: CEO & Founder, INDIGITAL – Cabrogal woman and entrepreneur Mikaela Jade has been using drones, 4D mapping software, image recognition and cultural law to bring Indigenous sites and stories to life through a new app.
- Ally Watson: Founder, CODE LIKE A GIRL – recently named a Young Social Pioneer by the Foundation of Young Australian’s (FYA) and one of Australia’s nine most influential female entrepreneurs of 2017.
- Daniel Garcia: Educator, NGV – the NGV have developed ART/CODE/CREATE (with Telstra) using art and coding to develop thinking skills, visual literacy and creative thinking.
- Peter Mahony: Manager, Education and Digital Learning, MAAS (MUSEUM OF APPLIED ARTS & SCIENCES) – explores ways that a museum can offer authentic and deep learning experiences.
- Tess Ariotti: Head of CSR, SAMSUNG – introducing STEM thinking – why it matters and what it could mean for you.
Inspiring Australia NSW is offering a 15% discount off the registration fee. Just use the code ‘INSPIRING’ (case sensitive) when purchasing tickets at the official REMIX website.