Inspiring Australia NSW develops influential networks that connect science and engineering researchers to bigger audiences.
Australia’s future economic and social wellbeing has science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) at its core. We have a vibrant and innovative research culture, but many STEM achievements are little known to the public.
As the national strategy for public participation in science, technology and innovation, Inspiring Australia seeks to change perceptions about STEM research and its relationship to everyday life.
We connect diverse communities to cutting edge science through initiatives that are entertaining, transformative and locally relevant. Our programs:
- Create unforgettable experiences
- Show why science and engineering matter
- Explain how STEM studies prepare communities for the future
- Inspire participants with extraordinary scientific discovery
- Bring together like-minded organisations to amplify collective impact
- Create STEM outreach and engagement networks at a local level.
New South Wales
Who we are
In NSW, Inspiring Australia is overseen by the NSW Inspiring Australia & National Science Week Executive Committee:
Jasmine Chambers (Chair) Division of Natural Sciences, University of Sydney
Bobby Cerini, Inspiring Australia
Geoff Crane, National Science Week
Jane Want, Office of NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer
Troy Deighton, Office of NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer
The Manager, Inspiring Australia (NSW) is Jackie Randles.
In NSW, Inspiring Australia is a partnership between
The initiative is part of the Australian Government’s National Innovation and Science Agenda