The NSW Science & Engineering Awards recognise and reward the state’s best and brightest innovators and researchers.
NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer, Professor Mary O’Kane, says the awards celebrate the leading researchers in science and engineering whose cutting-edge work has reaped economic, health, environmental or technological benefits for the state.
“The Science & Engineering Awards, now in their fifth year, aim to highlight the great research being undertaken right here in NSW which is generating social and economic benefits for the state,” Professor O’Kane said.
Eight category winners will each be awarded $5000 across the following categories:
- Excellence in mathematics, earth sciences and physics
- Excellence in biological sciences (ecology, environmental, agricultural and organismal)
- Excellence in biological sciences (cell and molecular, medical, veterinary, and genetics)
- Excellence in engineering and information and communications technologies
- Emerging research
- Renewable energy innovation
- Innovation in public sector sciences and engineering
- Innovation in science and mathematics
The Selection Panel will also recommend a NSW Scientist of the Year who will receive a cash prize of $55,000. All winners will be announced at a gala dinner in Sydney later this year.
Learn more about the NSW Science & Engineering Awards