A new Sydney Science Festival event planned for Sydney Olympic Park on Sunday 20 August will entertain and educate thousands sport-loving audiences heading to enjoy a huge game between the Canterbury Bulldogs and Manly Sea Eagles. This free family fun day brings cutting edge science together with sport and technology.
For one day only, the town centre of Sydney Olympic Park will be buzzing with an interactive expo of live shows, daring demos, crazy creatures and the latest gadgets. If you want to learn coding on the fly, get the low down on drones or kick the physics out of a footy, this is the place to be.
Expert science educators Fizzics Education will be on hand with shows, demonstrations and a chance to take part in an Augmented Reality treasure hunt throughout the event
One Giant Leap will share its extensive drone collection, giving participants an opportunity to learn how these cutting edge devices are used in a variety of industries.
The NRMA will present its popular road safety science show and get you up to speed with the latest knowledge in driver safety and accident prevention research.
Startups servicing a range of sporting codes who have recently been through the Sydney Sports Incubator will demonstrate how technology is enabling new products and services in sport.
Tech companies resident to the precint including Samsung will introduce the latest gadgets and educate participants about the emerging opportunities for science and technology graduates.
Other highlights include:
- A presentation and Q&A session with the legendary Dr Karl
- Fitness and health checks from UTS researchers from heath and sport science
- Medical researchers from the Centenary Institute
- A chance to meet the design team who created and raced Western Sydney University’s Solar Car
- Demonstrations from UNSW, Australian Museum and the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
- An introduction to biohacking with Meow Meow from Sydney’s BioFoundry
- Interactive displays from sporting organisations including the Australian Paralympic Committee
- Demonstrations of safe drone use from people in the know
- Outdoor science films from SCINEMA
- A chill-out zone
- A chance to get up close and personal with frogs, bats and reptiles
- Living culture sharing by #Murama Indigenous Youth Leaders.
There will be something to entertain and engage everyone at this a new event that is intended to take Sydney Science Festival and National Science Week to a brand new audience.
The Innovation Games
Date: 20 August 2017
Time: 11am to 3:30pm
Location: Yulang (near Olympic Park Train Station) and Cathy Freeman Park
Learn more about The Innovation Games