The Northern Sydney Science Hub will sizzle in Sydney Science Festival with exciting, engaging and entertaining events, exhibitions and talks to explode your mind and tingle your senses. Discover leading research, technology and science over the bridge at a range of venues on the North Side.
Ryde Science and Tech Expo
On Saturday 11 August, the Ryde Science and Tech Expo is a chance for the whole family to see, touch, listen and learn. Are you a change maker? Are you curious about science and technology and how it can influence everyday life? Come to Ryde and be a change maker and make an impact!
See how we can embrace science and technology to make a difference to how we live now and in the future. Head to Ryde Library, adjacent to the Top Ryde shopping centre to blow your mind from 9.30am – 4.00pm.
What’s on the program?
- Meet Dr Scott Wilson, senior lecturer in Environmental Science at Macquarie Uni, at 10.30 am to hear his profound presentation: Plastics, litter and you: how to be a better global citizen!
- At 11am it’s the BIG SCIENCE BIG FUN SHOW. See gigantic bubbles, flying toilet paper, hair-raising electricity experiments, levitating beach balls, volunteers on a nail chair, a giant gyroscope, fire balls, coloured shadows, a flame equalizer and much more!
- Experience lightening talks from innovative startups between 11 am and 2pm. Learn about drones, therapy robots, surf sense algorithms and more. All these great new technologies are being created to make our everyday life easier. Get up close and personal to these game changers and change makers.
- Learn how to program Edison Robots in a great workshop and step inside the Fruit Ninja Universe (the virtual reality world). Have you ever wanted to be a superhero and fly in the sky, or walk through a jungle or on the moon? Come to our green screen technology room and get your photo taken realising your dream!
- Ever wanted to learn about how an electric car works and the great benefits to our environment? The Australia Electric Vehicle Association will have an electric car and a scooter on show in the Piazza area for all to see. Chat to the experts of this technology.
Enter our Expo passport competition to WIN AN IPAD MINI.
This amazing prize is proudly donated by The Laboratories Credit Union, one of the Northern Sydney Science Hub members.
Experience the hands on exhibitions. Meet real scientists and researchers from CSIRO, The National Measurement Institute, Macquarie University, The Macquarie University Physics and Astronomy Department and other sustainability organisations. Our scientist and engineers are so keen to engage and inspire an interest in science and to celebrate Science Week with you.
This is just the start of what the Northern Sydney Science Hub has to offer in celebration of National Science Week.
The Northern Sydney Science Hub is supported by Inspiring Australia.